We can already hear champagne bottles popping hot on the heels of the announcement of Electronic Arts and its subsidiary DICE that the latest iteration in the Battlefield series, titled Bad Company 2, is a commercial hit, with over 2.3 million units sold on Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in its two weeks on the market. It’s not even close to the humongous commercial success enjoyed by its shooter rival, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but it’s a remarkable achievement nonetheless.
According to EA’s own internal data, the Bad Company sequel is well on track to become the top selling game for March. In addition to boasting the game’s very warm critical reception, the publisher has also gathered the following numbers to further prove its point:
- 81B points have been earned in online multiplayer sessions
- 43M weapons and gadgets have been unlocked in online multiplayer
- Over 6M video views on YouTube
- 2.9M hours have been spent playing online in the last 24 hours alone
- 230K peak-concurrent-users (PCUs)
- Over 44k Twitter fans (most out of any EA title)
Big high fives all around then! It’ll be interesting to see how Bad Company 2 fares on the Playstation Network in the coming weeks, as its online activity swings into high gear.
Do you think Bad Company 2 has the chance to topple Modern Warfare 2?