This coming Tuesday, an update for ‘Battlefield: Bad Company 2′ will go live introducing multiple balance adjustments on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game. The list of fixes are shown below and PC gamers can expect the same update in the near future.
Taken from the Battlefield Blog:
- Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
- The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
- The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
- The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
- Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
- Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
- Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
- Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.
On the same day as the update, EA will report its fiscal fourth-quarter results with analysts expecting a profit to reverse last year’s loss, fueled by strong sales of ‘Battlefield: Bad Company 2′ and ‘Mass Effect 2′.
Map Pack 3 for VIP’s is also expected to hit later this month, which despite being called a Map Pack, it doesn’t actually add any new maps to the game. Instead it is more of a playlist adjustment that will allow players to experience ‘Laguna Alta’ in Squad Rush mode, and ‘Nelson Bay’ in Squad Deathmatch.
All non VIP’s will need to purchase a code from the in-game Store to access VIP Content already included on the disc.
Source: Battlefield Blog